Royal Mail has been providing postal services for the population of the Kingdom of Great Britain for more than 500 years, and also serves clients all over the world. At first, the service was under the jurisdiction of the state, but in 2015, after the sale of shares, it was transferred to Royal Mail Group Limited.
More than 160 thousand people work at Royal Mail offices throughout the country. The staff undergoes special training, so everyone can be sure that the services will be provided at a high level. Every year, Royal Mail receives income in the amount of more than 10 billion pounds. The Postal Service has a special Heathrow Center (HWDC), where international mail is sorted.
Royal Mail provides such services:
- Universal service. Mail sends letters, postcards, parcels to any part of the country on a fixed rate;
- Special delivery. Sending mail is carried out in an accelerated mode. The cost of services is several times higher than with universal service;
- Business services. The service is intended for entrepreneurs who send letters with their stamp;
- Door-to-door service. Delivery includes letters, promotional materials, free newspapers.
Also, the Royal Mail guide has established a list of items and goods that are not allowed to be sent through the postal service. For example, these include alcoholic beverages, firearms, liquids that can easily ignite, drugs. For an attempt to issue a prohibited cargo mail imposes a penalty on the sender.
Royal Mail is the only postal service that has special cylindrical red mailboxes that are located throughout the country. Postal poles belong to the national authentic signs of the country and originate from 1852. They have an interesting feature - the initials of the monarch, the time of which they were installed, are inscribed on each column.
Our service PostTrack is always at hand. You can track the location of the parcel on a mobile or computer in just a few minutes. The system will automatically send you a notification about the location of the parcel and after what time the recipient can take it. PostTrack - with us just!
FAQ - Royal Mail
The estimated time of delivery for Royal Mail
A table on the delivery time of packages depending on the country of destination. Statistics generated for Royal Mail packages with the status of Delivered
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland~ 20 Days
- Qatar~ 21 Days
- United Arab Emirates~ 19 Days
- Australia~ 10 Days
- Brazil~ 76 Days
- China~ 20 Days
- Lithuania~ 12 Days
- Hong Kong~ 15 Days
- France~ 14 Days